All products were chosen independently by our editorial team. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
The wheelbarrow is used for Moving plants or lifting heavy loads. Browse our pick of the best wheelbarrows, from steel and recycled to basket style and two-wheeled to help you lift with ease.
These Wheelbarrows are also useful for weeding, transporting plants, or moving heavy landscape materials, a wheelbarrow is a valuable addition to a gardener’s tool shed.
Nowadays Many types of Wheelbarrows are available on the market. Likes single-wheeled with a metal tray, many different sizes, styles, and materials of barrows are also available, from 100% recycled plastic to two-wheeled barrows.
How to choose the best Wheelbarrows:
The type of wheelbarrow you need will depend on the jobs you do most so before you choose, think about the main jobs you need it for. If you regularly do just lightweight gardening tasks then a plastic, shallow barrow should suffice but the heavier, bulkier the loads, the more demand you’ll put on both the tray and wheels.
The chosen wheelbarrow depends on its Size, Wheels, Tyres, Materials, and also Handles.
- Size: Wheelbarrows are available in different capacities and mostly in liter. Sometimes it’s available within the weight limit given by kilogram. capacity told you how much weight lifting by one barrow, and also check your garden diameter and any alleys. If it’s narrow then you choose to depend on your garden diameters.
- Wheels: On the barrow’s front side only one wheel is available. Wheelbarrows are also available with two, and four wheels depending on size. Mostly one wheelbarrow is easily transferred from one place to another place in gardthe compared to two, or four wheelbarrows. but they can tip over easily, particularly when turning with a heavy load or if filled unevenly. Two-wheeled barrows are less likely to topple over as compared to one-wheelbarrows but can be less nimble and harder to turn and lift and dump.
- Materials: Trays are usually available in Plastic or steel and which is best depends on how much weight you can handle and what you’re lifting. Steel trays are very strong as compared to plastic trays and also handle more weight than plastic but they are susceptible to rust (unless there’s a rust-resistant coating) and are heavy. Plastic trays are light and often cheaper than metal barrows but are ideal for shifting prunings, weeds, and compost.
- Handles: A wheelbarrow has two handles, which should be long enough to easily push, lift and tip.
We reviewed a range of the most popular wheelbarrows on the market. to bring you a list of the best wheelbarrows. Each model has been rated according to ease of use, comfort, performance, and value for money. Each wheelbarrow below has scored a minimum of four out of five stars, so you can buy with confidence.
Gorilla Carts GOR4PSBadge Text
WORX WG050 Aerocart
Beasteel Garden Lawn
Best Choice Products
True Temper R6STSP25 Never
1. Gorilla Carts GOR4PS:
- The patented quick-release dump feature makes unloading quick and easy
- New frame design reduces assembly time while offering improved maneuverability and ground clearance
- Durable 38.7-inch x 20-inch rust-proof poly bed and 10-inch pneumatic tires
- Easily Haul Rocks, Dirt, Mulch, and More
- A padded pull handle makes it easy to pull up to 600-pounds.1-year limited warranty
Maneuverability 4.7 out of 5
Instruction quality 4.6 out of 5
Sturdiness 4.5 out of 5
Easy to assemble 4.4 out of 5
2. WORX WG050 Aerocart
- The Turbo Lift design provides leverage to transport tremendous loads, making 200 lbs feel like approximately 17 lbs.
- [8 DIFFERENT CARTS IN 1] It quickly transforms from a lightweight wheelbarrow into a yard cart, bag holder, dolly, extended dolly, cylinder carrier, rock/plant mover & trailer tote
- [FLAT-FREE TIRES] Always get a smooth ride with these rugged tires that will never need inflating
- [CLEVER DESIGN] The innovative two-wheel placement makes all eight functions possible by shifting the fulcrum, and thus the center of gravity, to the optimum place for each job
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern efficiency standards, so you can build a cost-effective tool collection that’s been designed to last
- [INCLUDES] Aerocart, Cylinder Holder, Bag Holder, Plant Mover Strap, Rock Mover Mesh
A. That depends on how many you can dream up. It starts with 8 configurations, though: Wheelbarrow, Hand Truck/Dolly, Extended Dolly, Bag Holder, Cylinder Holder, Rock, and Plant Mover, and Trailer Mover.
A. Easy. For Dolly mode, just slide the flap to the side and down. To switch from a Dolly to a Wheelbarrow, just pull the release knob on the side and unfold the legs. To use the Extended Dolly or Plant and Rock Movers, fold down the extension arms.
A. Physics and leverage and smart engineers. As a Wheelbarrow, the tub is set directly over the wheels for a perfectly balanced load. As a Dolly, the wheels shift forward, creating leverage, and allowing you to move the load with ease.
A. Up to 300 lbs in Wheelbarrow mode, up to 200 lbs as a Dolly, 80 lbs as a Rock or Plant Mover, 80 lbs as an Extended Dolly, 40 lbs as a Bag Holder, 80 lbs as a Cylinder Holder, and it can move trailers of up to 1000 lbs.
3. Beasteel Garden Lawn Wheeled Cart Trolly
- Component: Tool holder or garden cart trolley all in one, overall height is 100cm. Includes a large 19L detachable bucket, a durable oxford bag with 8 pocket belts, and a basket.
- Sturdy and Durable: Made from a high-quality steel frame and powder-coated to make the garden cart sturdier, UV-resistant and weather resistant.
- Design: Easily holds everything that you need, such as fertilizer, sprays, garden gloves, water bottles, phones, soil, firewood, foliage, tools, etc. Detachable bucket for storing gardening tools, weeds, seedlings, dirt, etc.
- Flexible: This Rolling Garden Tool Caddy is suitable for running smoothly on the lawn, The wheels are flexible and easy to roll them around to wherever you want to go, and will be a good helper in your life.
- The multifunctional hand trolley/tool organizer with wheels is light and durable, easy to assemble and operate, easy to store, and does not take up much space. It is a great gift for people who love gardening.
4. Best Choice Products Dual-Wheelbarrows
- MULTIPURPOSE GARDEN CART: Deep wheelbarrow holds up to 5 cubic feet of soil, bricks, mulch, gravel, and more, so you can conveniently carry out landscaping and other home improvement projects
- 2-WHEEL DESIGN: Built with inflatable, 13-inch rubber wheels for a sturdy build that makes it easy to steer the cart on various terrains
- VERSATILE HANDLEBAR: Thick, padded handlebar doubles as a stand for idle use and makes moving the wheelbarrow easy and comfortable
- DURABLE COMPOSITION: This heavy-duty yard work essential is crafted with a plastic bin and powder-coated steel frame that prevents breakdown and wear for long-lasting use
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 36″(L) x 25″(W) x 20″(H); Weight Capacity: 330 lbs.
5. True Temper R6STSP25 Never Flat Tire Steel Wheelbarrow
- 6 cubic foot steel tray
- Steel handles
- Comfort end grips for less fatigue
- Single wheel
- The flat-free tire never needs air